Monday, November 21, 2011

It's Time ...

Oh lordy, I just lurv Christmas.
But then again, other than Scrooge McDuck … who doesn’t?!

It’s family tradition to get our Christmas Tree on the last weekend in November. Which means THIS weekend people. Can I get a Boney M drum roll please! I’m so excited I could down a litre of eggnog. Except I’m allergic to nog. The folk up at the Everton Tree Farm know us by name. “That annoying family who always comes a week before we open and demands our biggest tree.” Since moving out of home 5 years ago though, we’re now “that annoying family who always comes a week before we open and demands our biggest tree, and two slightly smaller ones.”
Oh well … it must be done. And it must be done this weekend.
Last year I got an advent calendar just to count down the 30 days before I got our tree. The fee-arn-say was slightly concerned about my mental stability, but after that one lunch at my moms place in August where he overheard her singing ‘Oh Christmas Tree’ in the garden - he knew it was genetic.


Things To Do Before Christmas
  • Get a tree
  • Decorate it in happiness and glitter and stuff
  • Clear out a corner in the flat for aforementioned tree
  • Take pictures or the family tree scrapbook
  • Oh … get married 
Ecstatic Happy Sigh J




No comments:

Post a Comment