Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Work-Aholic? I think not.

I think it’s safe to say that today, I am one of about 50 South Africans, who are stuck at work on this glorious Tuesday! Everyone else was smart enough to put in their leave and take advantage of these long weekends. I hope the heavens open and it starts raining big balls of mushy porridge on you all. Buggery! I guess even if I had acted quickly, I would never have gotten these days off – what with -15 days leave after only 6 months with the company! Oopsie.

So, while all my friends are at the beach enjoying life, I’m here, at my desk, doing absolutely no work at all.  Instead, I’m busy trying to write my MC speech for a good friend’s wedding this Saturday. Every 2 minutes or so I get really excited at the prospect of being a female MC at her special wedding. Big role and bigger responsibility, with a very tough crowd to control and please. But a great honour nonetheless.

Then every other 2 minutes I say to myself? “Self … why in the name of Gucci did you ever agree to do this?!?!?!?!”

Eish! I must remember to get some rescue drops. They taste just like tequila, so should calm my nerves down to a flat panic. Oh good grief, just thinking about it gives me chicken flesh. Eeeeek.

Need a distraction! IMMEDIATELY!
…..
…..
….

Ok found one. 

Love this site. You can always discover the coolest bits, bobs and links.
Some pretty, some daft and some completely arb.
Like these:












1 comment:

  1. you are going to be AMAZING tomorrow pal!!! and i promise to laugh at every joke! xxx

    ReplyDelete