Monday, February 7, 2011


The other day while strolling through Woolies I found these gorgeous little kiddies lunch boxes covered in polka dots and colourful stripes. So I thought to myself: "Gee, that’s nice” and then I bought one.

It was only when I got home that I realized that I don’t really need a bright and colourful lunch box. Oopsie – there goes that impulse swiping of mine again.

It’s ok though, because while I don’t need a bright and colourful lunch box, I do however need a bright and colourful place to store my make-up.

Now, as most of you may know, I'm not the hugest fan of make-up and the little goodies I do have are usually banished to the back of the toiletry cupboard in a very feeble little zip-up bag. Yet after a recent trip to Benefit in London, and a conscious effort to have more fun with the stuff,  I feel it only fitting that my once minimal stash now deserve to be brought forward to the front of the cupboard - in all their bright and colourful glory!

Once a lunch box

No longer a lunch box

TADA!!!!!

And, I might add, a normal person toiletry bag goes for anything between R150 and R450. Unless of course you shop in the food section at Woolworths, where you can pick one up for R27.95. 

1 comment:

  1. Why are you so clever?! I bought the same little lunchbox, and I just LOVE it! But now it can come in handy for more than just yummy food... x

    ReplyDelete