Monday, January 31, 2011


My dear friend whom I affectionately refer to as The Dickhead, sent me an email the other day – all the way from Helsinki.

As always, The Dickhead had a lot of really important things to say and a lot of good advice to give. Ever the optimist and self-inspired, self-taught copywriter ad-guru, I could have guessed his choice of words would have me moved,

But it was this one thing that he said that struck a chord. It made me realise how important it is to stay true to who you are. Yes life in the advertising world is tough, but I reckon life as a florist is pretty tough too.

Regardless of what you’re doing or whom you’re trying to impress, it’s hard trying to get to the top the right way, and stay there. It’s hard to not feel down sometimes too, when hard work doesn’t actually pay off. But I think the key to it all, as cliché and overdone as this may sound, really is as simple as “being true to yourself”. Let’s be honest … If you can’t be good at being you, then how on earth do you expect to be good trying to be someone else!
           


Thanks Dickhead

No comments:

Post a Comment