Monday, December 13, 2010

So with the end of the year upon us and the Fee-arn-say and I off on yet another snow-and-gluvine filled winter holiday (Can I get a whoop whoop) I find myself wondering what it would be like to spend 14 days lying on a beach instead of tumbling down the slopes like a giant, retarded snow flake. While I’m giddy with excitement at the thought of our trip in 7 sleeps time … I started to wonder about our Honeymoon, and the thought of sipping cocktails while frolicking in the waves, naked, has become a very appealing one. And then I found this place.

Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce you to: The Perivolas Resort.


The ultimate in laid-back luxury, this intimate gathering of houses is poised on the cliff high above the Aegean, on the little island of Santorini in Greece. Initially designed as a private residence, it was built by native craftsmen using local materials – which explains the naturalness of the place: the organic forms and smooth textures have a way of making you feel like you’re on a magical island holiday … which, if you’re lucky enough, you are!




By the looks of things, there are no TVs or Playstaion Consoles or Gyms to distract you. Just you, the beauty of limitless space and the most exquisite views I’ve ever seen. Listen to me sounding like I’ve actually been there. SIGH.

I love the subtle use of colour on the inside and the breezy, open style rooms the just kind of channel into one another. I can imagine the place to make you feel like you’re constantly floating away on a cloud, with the curvature of the walls, the vault-like ceilings pierced with skylights, and the never-ending horizon view from every room.





Beds and benches are built into snug little nooks and crannies, archways appear from white washed walls, hand woven cushions and rugs lie scattered across the varied surfaces … it really is the epitome of low-key glamour.





And I want to go there!

Tell me this place doesn’t make you drool, and I’ll tell you that you’re saliva glands are broken!

2 comments:

  1. Key board is wet from drool, that is amazing!! Tell me, you ARE going there on honeymoon to make me drool even more...?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. un-beeee-lievable! although i suggest you start saving now to be able to afford it by 2015! x

    ReplyDelete